Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reflections on a Powerful Semester

Wow! I cannot believe the semester is nearly over. I am just happy to have survived. I was so nervous when I walked into your class on the first day. I soon learned, however, that you were very concerned and compassionate about your teaching and your students. I anticipated having to spend a lot of time on your assignments and I was right. I do feel that you did a great job of laying the groundwork for each assignment, and I really liked the way each task built up to the next. This really helped me to prepare for the next project you assigned. At the beginning of the semester, you mentioned that grammar was not part of the curriculum for this particular class, but I am sure glad you did include it in the course. The effort you made to help us with our grammar increased my confidence with my writing skills tremendously. As the semester progressed, I looked forward to each grammar mini-lesson you provided at the beginning of each class. They were very helpful and gave me the opportunity to catch up on some much needed skills that I had lost through the years. When it came time to do the research paper, my anxiety and stress level exploded. I knew it was going to be a very demanding task and hard work, which I am not afraid of doing. Again, you made it a step-by-step process, which really helped me to get started. Even though it consumed a lot of time, this was probably my favorite project. I really enjoyed the research and learning more in depth about my argument. Building this project from the ground up was very satisfying for me when it was finally complete. I can only hope that all my future instructors will be as engaging and helpful as you are. I really can't think of anything you could change. Thanks for a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment